,

Saturday, November 21, 2009

11/21/09 Inshore Mixed Bag Despite Recent Rain

Well, I can't say that the water looks that good... most of our water, right to the inlets, looks like coffee due to the 15plus inches of rain that dropped over the past week. Fortunately though, there are still plenty of Speckled Trout holding between the ICW and the inlets. I headed out this morning and fished from 8am till noon and found plenty of spots holding trout. I fished both berkley gulp shrimp and live shrimp and released about 30 small trout from 12 to 14in. and kept 9 from 1.75 to 3lbs along with several 1.5 to 2lb sheepshead and more bluefish than I cared to have eat my bait. There were quite a few blowfish in the mix today as well. Blowfish are excellent with a very white, firm, tasty meat. Great morning on the water... let's see what the weather does now! Today's catch is in the cooler... I'll have to take a quick snapshot when i lay them out tommorrow to clean. :)
-Capt. Jeff Cronk
FISH'N4LIFE CHARTERS
336-558-5697
252-764-2174

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?