,

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sun. Jan. 20th Bad Weather! Great Redfish Bite!



Well, I almost don't want to put this post up.... since I convinced my crew for today not to come down to the coast due to the weather... Well here it is... The Holcomb crew was going to journy down the Swansboro from North of Charlotte to attempt some extreme Redfish'n. But that blasted Radar looked like heck Sat. Night and the weatherman kept calling for lots of snow between Charlotte and the Coast. Then the forecast for today in Swansboro was 20-25mph winds with temps not getting over 36degrees... So, in the best interest of my clients, I suggested we rebook.

So, I went scouting by myself for a couple hours today and wound up Wearing my right arm out fighting redfish ranging from 25 to 32in. Despite the 25mph winds I was lucky enough to locate 2 massive schools of redfish. Each school with several thousand fish or more. I worked them for several hours and landed about 35 redfish all in the upper slot or over the slot. Despite the cold temps they were feeding pretty well. Hopefully, we'll be able to locate these schools again tommorrow with regular client Bobbie P. onboard.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?