,

Sunday, October 07, 2007

10/6/07 KINGS!!! 28lb King




The day started out looking poor with rain and T-storms stacked up for about 70+miles along our part of the coast. I called Howard and Rob, down from W.Virginia, to tell them to go ahead and sleep in and let the rain pass as their wives didn't want any part of the the bad weather. I couldn't stand waiting around at the dock so, I hopped on the boat and went and hit a hole that has been holding some purty redfish. It took all of 5min. to get on these fish and they ranged between 25 and 30in. I couldn't stand being alone during all the action so I called Capt. Rick Patterson, who was also waiting out the storms. After wearing out my right arm for over an hour and releasing many reds, I loaded down the livewell with shad and mullet minnows and picked up my clients. The five of us shot out the inlet and spent the next 5hrs. looking for Kings. It started out slow but as the breeze picked up and the storms moved offshore a little, the bite picked up. We wound up landing a very nice Spanish, and 10 Kings. We had a decent King get ripped in two by an 8ft Bull Shark at the side of the boat too. Our smallest King we kept today went about 11 lbs and the largest was close to 28 lbs. The girls won today! They caught the larger fish! Sorry about that Rob and Howard... Maybe next time... As always guys, I had a great time with your group. Thanks. Capt. Jeff Cronk- FISH'N4LIFE- 910-326-7512 email jcronk@ec.rr.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?