,

Sunday, August 26, 2007

8/25/07 16lb Redfish on Topwater Bait!


I had the pleasure of fishing with Donald Stocks of PIP printing this morning. The weather was absolutely perfect for sightcasting to reds in the backwaters. On our first stop we found several schools of big redfish pushing water in less than 2ft. We worked topwater baits and gulp shrimp on 1/8oz heads and were able to hook-up about 9 fish. I wish today was a tourny as we managed two reds at exactly 27in. with an aggregate weight of almost 14lbs. Donald never had the fortune, until today, of catching a redfish. Not only did we have an awsome bite but he managed to land a 16lb Redfish on a Topdog! Congratulations on your first redfish Harriett! We moved on and found a few more reds and flounder working some boatdocks on the low tide and headed back to the dock around noon. Capt. Jeff Cronk/ FISH'N4LIFE/ jcronk@ec.rr.com

Comments:
Very nice catch! I always enjoy reading your post. Danny
 
Thanks Danny, We are fortunate to have backwaters abundant with so many species.
 
nice catch,wat did you catch them on and were did u catch them
 
Hello,
My name is Bill and I am having a problem finding a good place to catch some grouper. I have a 19' Nautic Star Bay boat. Could you possibly give me a place to start?

Thanks
 
by the way, you can reach me at texasson63@gmail.com. Again I would appreciate any help concerning catching some nice grouper.

Bill
 
hello,
My name is james and im having a pretty hard time finding some flounder inshore do u no were i might catch one and what bait to use either post it here or email me at FishRman59j@yahoo.com if u can
thanks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?