,

Monday, July 23, 2007

7/23/07 Citation Flounder! Grouper!








This morning I had Mike, from Greensboro, onboard. The ocean started out a little choppy but soon subsided to under 5mph winds with less than 1ft seas. The flounder bite was a little slow and the two of us only caught 7 flounder so, we stopped on a hole that often holds grouper. We fished this hump for a short while and had several bust off but finally, we managed to pull up an 8lb and 10lb Grouper on spinning tackle.
Late in the afternoon I went back out scouting out some areas for the next couple trips. The first stop I made I had 5 redfish explode on topwater baits. These fish ranged from 26 to 34in. They were in very shallow water. The next stop I made was to check on the flounder situation along some ICW structure. I was talking with a couple on a kayak when, on the second cast, I had a large flounder thump the bait. I set the hook and got this 5.05lb flounder to the net. Several casts later i picked up one about 2lbs. I released the reds, kept the big flounder to stuff, and gave the smaller flounder to some friends looking for a few fish themselves. What a beautiful day on the water!
Capt. Jeff Cronk- FISH'N4LIFE CHARTERS-910-326-7512 email Jcronk@ec.rr.com

Comments:
what were you useing and were did u catch it
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?