,

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sat. May 19th Great Nearshore and Backwater Bite!




Sat. May 19th. Today I had a good ole' Boy onboard. Marty Stevenson and I go way back and had some good times growing up here in Swansboro. I had one of those flashbacks about how fast time is passing by.... But, at almost 38 I can't say I'd like to go back and change anything... I love what I do.... FISH! Well, enough mushy stuff... Today the bite was on in the 5 to 10 mile range for the Kings. They were all keeper snakes from 4 to 10lbs. There were some Bonito and Hatteras Bluefish mixed in too. We caught a bunch of fish trolling deepdiving lures in the 3 to 5in. lengths with hot pink and the green holographic being the best. After messing around and keeping a few fish we shot back into the backwaters of Swansboro and worked some shallow water for about an hour and managed 4 hookups on redfish ranging from 20 to 25in. Our best luck on the redfish was using the New Berkley Gulp ALIVE soft baits tipped on spinner baits. Look for the new baits in Dudley's Marina soon.


Capt. Jeff Cronk


FISH'N4LIFE CHARTERS


910-326-7512 OR 336-558-5697

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?