,

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sat 5/12 FLOUNDER!!! 10lb Grouper-Light Spinning Rod!







Sat. 5/12 With Folden and Josh on this morning we shot out the inlet to see if the flounder had relocated after this major storm system came through. Suprisingly the NE winds blew some really clear water toward Bogue Inlet. the water temps were between 71 and 74 throughout the day and we fished from 5 to 15 miles and back. It was slow to start but these guys didn't quit on me and we eventually found a knot of flat fish and worked them over! It was Folden's Birthday and he got what he's wanted for a while.... he smoked me on the flounder! We wound up landing 27 flounder and kept 17 purrrty ones with some over 3lbs. We had a mess of seabass with the largest around 2lbs and I had to do something since Folden was up a few flounder on me.... I reached in deep and jerked a 10lb Grouper out of the bottom on a Berkley Gulp 4"Pogie /Bucktail and got him to the top after a really good battle on a medium weight spinning rod! Hey Folden... remember... that leader was only 20lb Flourocarbon! And there's my Birthday present to ya! Hee Hee! We also had a Sunfish alongside the boat and then a 10ft Tiger Shark... I wish I had brought the tackle to battle the Tiger. Capt. Jeff Cronk- FISH'N4LIFE CHARTERS- 910-326-7512

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?