,

Thursday, October 26, 2006

10/25/06 Wed. TOP WATER SPECKLED TROUT!!!




10/25/06 I went out to hit a few trout this afternoon and what a bite!!!!! I started off tossing berkley gulp sw baits and hooked up about every other cast on 1.5 to 2lb trout. Then, I switched over to a mirrolure to see what it would produce... the result, a bunch of trout up to 2.25lbs... then, for the heck of it, I tied on two different topwater baits and IT WAS ON!!! I was getting 1 to 5 explosions almost every cast... even had a cast with 9 explosions... every single one was speckled trout from 2 to almost 3lbs! I must of had 10 pull off the hooks and another 40 to 50 strikes. Wound up landing about 40 speckled trout with no one else around! All fish were caught on reels spooled with 10 Berkley Crystal Fireline. This super braid is awsome! Capt. Jeff Cronk- FISH'N4LIFE CHARTERS- 910-326-7512 OR EMAIL JCRONK@EC.RR.COM

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?