,

Thursday, October 12, 2006

10/11/06 ROLAND MARTIN ONBOARD / TOPWATER REDFISH BITE!!!



Well, I started off the morning getting some preventative maintenence on my teeth and then met the one and only fishing legend Roland Martin for some good fishing. Roland and his crew wanted to do some filming of the Awsome Redfish action we have here along the NC Coast sooooo, he hopped onboard and we went searching.... We have recently caught them in the surf by boat but with the cloudy skies, murky water, and NE swell hitting the surf, we opted to work the backwaters. Here in the Swansboro area we have dozens of creeks and hundreds of flooded marshes that we've been targeting tailing reds for years as one of those "best kept secrets." Well, we're finally letting the cat out of the bag..... today I stopped on an area that had upwards of 50 to 75 reds tailing and pushing headwater (waking) as much as 50 ft back into the marshes and worked the reds hard for several hours attempting to throw only topwater baits... They were a little spooky but they began feeding and in about 2hrs of working a 75yd stretch of flooded marsh, Roland Martin and I had upwards of 30 fish explode on Topwater Baits. We were fishing barbless hooks and lost many of them but managed to land 17 redfish from 24 to 27in....AND YOU KNOW ME.... I had to toss one of my favorite Berkley Gulps in a couple of times... for two instant fish! We had a 2 fish weight of probably between 13 and 14 lbs and released all fish alive. The Photographer got a lot of our topwater strikes with mulitple explosions and we finally left the fish around 4:30pm with just a couple of minutes back to the dock and then got some dinner... I'm not sure what date the show will hit TV but as soon as I confirm the date with Roland I will surely post the date here on my site so those of you that wish to view can do so... Have I said lately how much I love my life! PS.... I thought I had some energy until I fished with Roland...he's in his 60's, he's fished probably 10 days straight from daybreak until dark through all the crap weather we've had and still couldn't sit still during dinner ... Excellent fisherman! Capt. Jeff Cronk- FISH'N4LIFE - 910-326-7512 OR 336-558-5697

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?