,

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

NC WATERMAN CHAOS... THE TRUE STORY... IT HAD TO BE SAID!

For those of you curious to hear what really happened... it's simple.
For over three years (prior to this WWW.NCCHARTERFISHING being created) Bill Hitchcock was trying to promote his new site... he used guides like myself to promote the site. We got some free advertising in the process... post reports with contact info... we helped him create TV shows, sent our clients to his website, typed detailed reports with awsome pictures to attract folks and also talked it up for him in return. Early this year, 2005, Bill said he was selling his film production co. and going full time into his website. He stated on the site how he was going to have to start charging for site usage (either the general population or the charter capt.'s). Wound up he informed us early this year he was going to start charging us charter capt.'s for advertising. I don't blame him... that's better than charging the multitude of users. I responed that I was not interested in paying for advertising as I am already turning down 100 or more clients per year. I was supposed to make sure there was no advertising in my posts. Although I did receive some business from Bill's site in the past with contact info. etc allowed in my posts... I was there for the commradery, not the advertising as I already have more business than I could handle. About six months later, in October, a fishing report of mine got deleted by Bill with no personal call, no warning, nothing.... with his replacement post stating that my post contained advertising. I pulled up the post off my hard-drive and realized that one of my pictures had an automated caption "posted by nccharterfishing," the next chance I had to get on the computer... (the next morning), I got onto the ncwaterman website and went to put an apology on Bill's replacement post but noticed that dozens of members were upset with Bill for deleting my post... then I noticed that Bill Hitchcock had responded by bad mouthing my reputation, saying that I have been trying to advertise for free intentionally, that I have done nothing for his site in the three years (which I have shared knowledge and info with his users and sent all of my personal clients to his site) but rather he stated that his site has done so much for me. All the while, Bill had never so much as left me a message, contacted me personally for any reason! One day I post with a mistake,,, he deletes it... goes off on me and my reputation. I bit my tongue and responded with what was called a gentlemen's response by a very Well known captain and supported of the NCW site as well as the users of the board. In the meantime, the guidelines for what "advertising" is were modified since the last time I had read them and had never been given notice that they were changed. So, the next time I posted was a response to many members asking me about a new boat I purchased. Excited about my new boat I happily responed to members requests... I posted pics of the new boat and told what I though about my service from the Triton co... others asked me about options and stats on the boat...so I pasted the info for them... I provided the info folks asked me for... just like I do in my fishing reports. I posted no advertising for my company... i wasn't advertising for anyone... but apparantly because I got a small discount on my boat (no diff. than any fisherman's winter boat show price savings) the result was removal of my account on NCW. loss of access to the site. JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW... I HAVE NEVER BEEN CONTACTED BY BILL HITCHCOCK OR ANY REPRESENTITIVE OF NCWATERMAN FOR ANY REASON ANYTIME SINCE HE FIRST TOLD EVERYONE HE WAS GOING TO START CHARGING SOME USER GROUP FOR USE OF HIS SITE....(about 9 months ago) I HAVE NEVER ASSUMED ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ANY INDIVIDUAL (INCLUDING BILL)nor POSTED NEGATIVE ASSUMPTIONS ON MY SITE OR ANYONES SITE...(LIKE BILL IS STILL DOING ON HIS SITE CURRENTLY). I DID PAY HARD EARNED MONEY (ALOT) FOR MY NEW BOAT EVEN THOUGH BILL HITCHCOCK MADE THE STATEMENT THAT I PROBABLY GOT IT FOR FREE. I DID HELP BILL'S SITE AND ANY INDIVIDUAL THAT WANTED FISHING RELATED INFORMATION (whether email, personal mail, telephone calls, etc) AND ALWAYS WILL DO THE LATTER. MY BUSINESS, MY LIFE IS FISHING... HIS SITE ISN'T A LOSS TO ME. NOT GETTING TO TALK TO THOSE OF YOU THAT WERE THERE FOR FISHING INFO. IS... BUT I WILL SEE AND TALK TO YOU ON THIS SITE IN THE FUTURE AND ON MANY OTHER USER FRIENDLY SITES... LIKE WWW.SPORTFISHERMEN.COM , WWW.NCCOASTALFISHING.COM , WWW.FISHERMANSPOST.COM , WWW.FINTALK.COM , ETC. who have all welcomed me as a fellow fisherman and user of their boards. I HAVE BEEN A TEACHER FOR 9 YEARS. ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS I HAVE LEARNED OVER THAT TIME IS THAT YOU MUST ALWAYS GET TO KNOW SOMEONE AND NEVER MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT AN INDIVIDUAL... I DON'T APPRECIATE ANY OF BILL HITCHCOCK'S ASSUMPTIONS OF ME... AS CAN BE NOTED IN EVERY RESPONSE TO HIS WEBSITE MEMBERS REGARDING ME. HIS LIES ABOUT CONTACTING AND TALKING TO ME... ETC. I HAD PLANNED ON ADVERTISING WITH BILL PRIOR TO TWO MONTHS AGO... (AS SOON AS I COULD AFFORD TO) BUT NOW, I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH HIM DUE TO GETTING TO KNOW WHO AND WHAT HE REALLY IS OVER THE PAST 2 MONTHS. This is the first and last response by a very irritated fisherman (me) regarding the matters of NCW. I apologize to any of my regular clients who are not aware of the situation who have been forced to see this response post... but I did not think it fare to post it on any other individual's site and I have bit my tongue long enough with all the lies and assumptions about myself by ONE certain individual.
capt. Jeff Cronk
FISH'N4LIFE CHARTERS
KEEP FISH'N4LIFE AND TEACH A YOUNG ONE THE SPORT!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?